Welcome to St. Mary’s After-School Athletics
We believe athletics play an integral role in the mental, physical, and spiritual development of young adults. Athletics teach critical life lessons and skills, such as discipline, cooperation and teamwork, time management, dedication, morality, compliance with rules, and proper work ethics.
Thus, we encourage all our students to participate in school athletics, from intramural sports to varsity competition. We also encourage our students to participate in multiple sports, rather than focusing on only one activity.
Students in grades 5-8 have an opportunity to participate in after-school sports. St. Mary, Star of the Sea School participates in the North County Parochial League. Grades 5/6 compete at the junior varsity level; grades 7/8 at the varsity level. The following sports are offered:
Girls grade 5-8
- Fall – Volleyball (September 18th – November 9th), Girls “Powderpuff” Flag Football (TBD)
- Winter – Soccer (January 16th – March 8th)
- Spring – Basketball (April 9th – May 29th), Varsity OLP High School Basketball Tournament (TBD)
Boys grade 5-8
- Fall – Flag Football (September 18th – November. 9th)
- Winter – Basketball (January 16th – March 8th), Saint Augustine High School Basketball Tournament (TBD)
- Spring – Volleyball/Soccer (April 9th – May 29th)
Girls and Boys K-8
- Cathedral Catholic High School Parochial Track Meet for grades K-4 (Spring – TBD)
- Cathedral Catholic High School County Championship Track Meet for grades 5-8 (Spring – TBD)
For game schedules, directions, and rules visit the North County Parochial League Website:
Fall sports season is coming up soon. Team formation and practices will begin within the next few weeks. The first games will begin the week of September 18th. Forms went home with your child on Friday, September 1st. Please click on box below and print out the registration packet.
Winter sports season will begin in late November with team formation and practices. Practices will continue throughout December until our Winter break. The first games will begin the week of January 16th. Please click on box below and print out the registration packet.
Spring sports season will begin in late March with team formation and practices. The first games will begin the week of April 9th. Please click on box below and print out the registration packet.
Spring track meet for K-8 will be held at Cathedral Catholic High School. The sports department will be collecting forms at the beginning of March. The track meet will be in the month of April on a Saturday. This is a great opportunity for all students of St. Mary’s to experience a state of the art track and field at Cathedral Catholic high school.
Coaches, parent drivers, and team parents! I need your help to make this year a special and memorable year for our sports department and players. If you’re interested in helping out in any way, please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh Englund – St. Mary’s Athletic Director and 5th Grade Classroom Teacher